Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sick

Hey there folks! Becky and I are both sick right now; please pray for both of us to be well again soon. Nothing serious, cold/flu symptoms but it really sucks. Not only do I feel physically sick, but my whole world seems out of whack. Pray that I can get back on better footing physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally. I guess the sickness just makes everything feel kind off kilter.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to access our company system remotely from home on my laptop so I can stay home tomorrow and still get some work done. I'm never really "off" from work; even when I'm home at night and on the weekends. I keep my phone with me pretty much at all times and I have to answer it if it rings. If I have a crew out somewhere doing a show and they have a problem I get a call and I have to try to do whatever I can to fix the problem.

Just a few minutes ago I got a call from my friend Keith who is our Senior Project Manager. The Clinton campaign was calling him trying to put a few shows together for tomorrow in SC. I had first contact with Hillary's people late last year and then handed them off to Keith since he handles President Bush and all of our political clients. So he and I were talking about personnel and trucking, trying to figure out how to make these events work.

I always have access to our Production schedule so I can see who is going where and when ( I could never memorize it each week, it's just too much). A lot of times I have to move people, gear and trucks around to accommodate the ever changing demands of our clients and also to facilitate taking on new business that comes up from week to week.

Anybody else have an "always on" kind of job?

The only time I get away from it is when I take real vacation time. Lately that has been multi day Appalachian Trail hiking trips. I'll see if I can dig up some photos from a previous AT hike.

Well, I meant to post about being sick and ended up talking about work and hiking; oh well.

Take care everybody!


6 comments:

Danny Baddeley said...

Sorry you guys are sick, thats been going around pretty bad up here. Ben was out for almost a week and I missed 2.5 days of work, which is an eternity for me, I go to work even if I have a massive head wound. Praying for better health all around my friend.

CDHofmann said...

You guys are our my prayers. Here's hoping you both will be feeling better soon. All's quite now here at the warehouse, but I'm sure that will change soon.

Be Well.

Coach Sal said...

Get well soon. Being sick isn't too bad, if you're just sick enough to lay in bed and moan, but too sick to work. If you've gotta work anyway, that ruins the whole gig.

bekster said...

Although, if he doesn't work, it confuses me. My body thinks, "oh, is it Saturday?" Not that I'm complaining. It's nice to have him home. But, I feel completely out of whack right now...

Pete Goode said...

we're prayin!
photos look fun!

Ann said...

Sorry dudes. Heal up!